Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Cowboy's Love O f The Game ...



                                   A Cowboys Love of the Game 



I am a born and raised St. Louis Cardinal fan; as well, I have been a Rockies fan since their inception. Of equal importance I believe, I am a true fan of the game. The game of baseball has been in my mind, heart, spirit, and soul since I was two years old. I have been so blessed to have had a father who gave to me the gift of the game. As well, I have never taken for granted that in my lifetime I have seen play Hall of Fame caliber ballplayers like Stan Musial, Roberto Clemente, Henry Aaron, Bob Gibson, Willie Mays, Ozzie Smith, Ron Santo, Johnny Bench, Lou Brock, Larry Walker, Albert Pujols, Ryne Sandberg, and Ken Griffey Jr., just to name a few. 

I grew up listening to Harry Carey, Jack Buck, and Vin Scully. As a child and eventually a young man, who could have asked for more? It was from these sportscasters and my father that I learned the game with all of its intricacies and learned to love the game. I grew up on the smell of the grass and the crack of the bat; on country field baseball, on acrobatic defensive plays, game winning hits, and walk off home runs. I collected baseball cards and I played the game. I became a sportscaster as well, although never on radio or tv - only in my backyard or my living room.

Other than love and those that I love, and, even as a cowboy, there was never that which was more important to me than the game of baseball. It has brought me joy, great excitements, and even correlations of hard-learned lessons in life. Through baseball I learned of leadership, teamwork, hard work ethic, never say die, and so much more ...

That's part 1 of my love of the game. Why not share yours ...

Swing & a long one ...

Until next time, so long everybody ...

Lee [ Cowboy ]

No comments:

Post a Comment