Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rob Neyer: Photo Quiz ...


Photo Quiz (Special Bronx Edition)

What is this?
0522122204_medium 
Two hints:
1. It was spotted on the 4 Train last night, right after the Yankees-Royals game.
2. This object meant a great deal to my youthful self.
Star-divide
I was standing in the subway car, reading Middlesex on my Kindle. But I couldn't help noticing a voice, coming from a mouth just a few inches from my ear. And after a moment I realized just how familiar that voice was, because I'd been hearing it, from time to time, for something like 35 years.
It was George Brett's voice. And so that striped thing is George Brett's back. He got off at 59th Street in Manhattan. It's the closest I've been to him since he signed an autograph for me in 1978, and I didn't say a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment