Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Wish, I Hope, I Am Thankful For ...




                                            I Wish, I Hope, I Am Thankful For ...




I wish that I had seen Ted Williams swing the bat; that I had seen Shoeless Joe Jackson play the game. I wish that I had seen Babe Ruth or Josh Gibson hit one of their monstrous home runs; that I had seen Jackie Robinson play the game of baseball and the game of life in a way that made a difference on both playing fields. I wish that Don Denkinger had got the call right at first base in 1985, and that Armando Galaraga had gotten his perfect game. I wish that the cloud of steroids had never entered the game leaving me always to wonder ...

I hope that I am right about this new crop of young ballplayers we have entering the game. I hope that Mike Stanton hits 40 plus monster home runs this year, and that Stephen Strasburg wins 20 games & strikes out 250 plus hitters. I hope for one of the most exciting baseball seasons ever. I hope that I will never take for granted all that the game of baseball has given to me ...

I am thankful for all that the game of baseball has given me, and for all that life has given me ...

"I Don't Believe What I Just Saw, I don't believe what I just saw ..."   [ Jack Buck's call on Kirk Gibson's home run ]

Until next time, so long everybody ...

Lee [ Cowboy ]

No comments:

Post a Comment